Thursday, January 30, 2014

Set Back?

So, my surgery date of February 3rd may be getting pushed out. 

I have been having some issues with my right knee being extremely sore and clicking when I go up stairs. It first started in early December and I just chalked it up to twisting it or pulling something. It eventually pretty much went away after a week or so only to return right before Christmas. I went to the doctor and was told to ice it 2 times a day and to come back in a few weeks if it did not feel better. I decided to go buy an ACE bandage and wear that around the holidays to minimize irritation. It did start feeling better and then came back hurting more than it had previously. I went back to the doctor and she ordered an MRI. A few days after my MRI, I was told that I have an "extensive tear in my meniscus and loss of cartilage"!!! No wonder it's been hurting so bad that I can barely do anything (cleaning, exercise, bending, etc...). 

I meet with an orthopedic doctor today and hopefully get it repaired quickly to be out of this miserable pain!! Since the surgery requires me to be able to walk for quick recovery right after, I am thinking they will want me to address/repair my knee first before getting my sleeve. I did call and talk to my nurse at the bariatric center and she said that would probably be the case. As of now, I am still scheduled for surgery on Monday at 9:30am, but that is more than likely to change after I meet with the orthopedic dr today. 

I will keep you posted!! 

>>Less Of Josh<<

No comments:

Post a Comment