Saturday, April 19, 2014

3 Days Pre-op

In 3 days I will be going through the biggest change of my life! I get my VSG on Tuesday April 22nd, 2014.

I can only describe the way I'm feeling as 'scared excitement'. It is is such an unknown outcome and it's on such a per person experience that no amount of literature out there can possibly prepare me for when I open my eyes after the procedure is complete. I am going with the notion of expecting the worst, so hopefully I am pleasantly surprised. 

I think I have everything organized for my stay in the hospital and for when I return home, but it still feels like I have so much to do and so little time to do it in. Thank God I love making lists otherwise I would probably be feeling much more overwhelmed. It's funny how this process seems to take forever and then all of a sudden it seems to be going too fast and you can't pump the brakes at this point!

I would have been creeping on 3 months post-op at this point if I would not have had a torn meniscus in my right knee that I needed to have repaired prior to WLS surgery. I was originally scheduled for my surgery on 2/3/14, but after a lot of knee pain, I was told I would have to have knee surgery and then have to wait to have my VSG after 2 months of recovery. In a sense it was a blessing because I got a taste of what surgery would be like before the "big" one. My knee is almost 100% back to normal and now I obviously won't have any trouble walking, since that's such a huge part of recovery after WLS. There's a silver lining in everything, I guess. 

On Tuesday, I have to be at the hospital at 7:30am for my surgery at 9:30am. Thankfully I have a great support system and will have a lot of people there pre and post surgery. Ty, my parents, Joe and Roxy will all be at the hospital. My Mom has stated that she's not leaving my house until I am home and she knows I am "well". Everyone needs their Mom as they seem to always be able to make you feel better. Of course, I also have all my pets that will be more than willing to cuddle with me once I am home and on my road to recovery. 

Tonight I am going to take a bunch of 'before' pictures most of which will be for my eyes only, but I will take some that I can post too. I just need to pick an outfit that I will want to take pictures in from here on out to mark my progress. 

SW = 321lb
CW = 296lb

>>Less Of Josh<<

No comments:

Post a Comment