Monday, April 28, 2014

Day #6 Post-Op

Today marks 6 days since I had my VSG surgery! It seems to be just chugging along. It's so funny how this surgery totally and completely consumes your life, as it should. It seems that everywhere I turn in my home, there's a pill bottle, a water bottle, discharge papers, a med cup, etc....

I'm getting all ready for my 1 week post-op appointment tomorrow with my bariatric DR. I am making a list of questions that I would like to address during my visit. I can't wait to see how much weight I am "officially" down while I'm there. 

After my post-op appointment, I meet with a personal trainer at my gym to get me going on a workout plan. I really need to know where I start for what I want to do with my body. I want to make sure my legs stay muscular, I want to tone my arms a little and of course lose weight and tone up my problem areas (stomach & chest). I spoke with the guy (Kevin) over the phone, told him I had WLS surgery and he sounded very nice and very knowledgeable. He also lives right down the road from me! I'm excited to get going on this. 

This past Saturday was my first real "journey" into public since my surgery. I went to Costco and Target and didn't have any problem at either. I got a lot of walking in, but I was pretty tired when I get home and took a little nap which was my first one since being home from the hospital. 

I started my protein shakes this past Saturday and have had no problems getting my 20 grams per day in. That was a relief! So my diet right now is: 64oz of liquids (apple juice, water, Propel, Crystal Lite, SF Jello, broth ......) and 20 grams of protein per day. I cannot wait for pureed foods to begin on May 14th just so I can CHEW something!!! 

SW = 321lb
CW = 277lb

>>Less Of Josh<<

5 days post-op

5 days post-op
My diet

5 days post-op. Drinking my chicken broth.





No comments:

Post a Comment