Friday, April 25, 2014

Day #3 Post-op

Hey there, everyone!!!

Sorry I did not update you sooner, but I didn't know how down and out I would actually feel until after my surgery. So, here's a quick update on the past 3 days - On Tues 4/22 I had my VSG surgery. That day was pretty standard and basic, I think. It all went as planned and I was up in my room in no time. I was pretty groggy and tired all day and pretty much felt like I was hit by a truck! I slept horribly, if it all, in the hospital. The beds are so uncomfortable and I was so uncomfortable from gas/air in my abdomen. It was horrible!! I could not find a position to lay in where I would get any relief from the pressure from the gas. The pressure went all the way from my abdomen all the way up and into my shoulders. Not fun! I think I probably slept a total of about 20-30 mins that first night. The day after surgery, was a tiny bit better in terms of the air pressure. I could tell that some of it had moved and disappeared, but it was still very existent. I was so tired and I could not wait to get home and sleep in my own bed. I got to go home at about 5:30 pm that evening...I was happy to get home to my pets and my bed! I went to bed fairly early and slept so much better than the night I was in the hospital. I felt like a million bucks when I got up the first morning after being home. Since I've been home, it's pretty much been dedicated to me walking and getting in as many fluids as possible. 

The gas/air pressure has pretty much gone away and I am not in really any pain. I have had this annoying feeling in my tummy that I can only describe as a rumbling, grumbling, gnawing feeling. It almost feels like severe hunger pains which is tricking me into thinking I am starved. I spoke to my doc yesterday and was told to get some Mylanta and mint tea. I got both and neither seemed to do the trick. I am actually getting ready to call the doc back per their request, to check up on how I feel. We will see if they have another alternative for me to try. 

I have my 1 week post-op this upcoming Tuesday (4/29). I get to start protein shakes tomorrow, which I am pretty excited for! 

Thank you for taking this journey with me!

SW = 321lb
CW = 286lb

>>Less Of Josh<<



Right before my surgery (4/22/14)



No comments:

Post a Comment